Kazakhstan marks this year’s Victory Day without a military parade — RT EN

Apr 13, 2022 1:10 p.m

This year in the former Soviet republic of Kazakhstan there will be no military parade on the anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War. The reasons for this have not yet been given. In 2021 and 2020, the parade was canceled due to the pandemic.

Kazakhstan is not planning a military parade to commemorate Victory Day on May 9 this year. This was announced by the press service of the Kazakh Ministry of Defense on Wednesday. The details and reasons for the decision were not specified. The statement said:

“In 2022, no military parade dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the formation of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Day of Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 is planned.”

The Kazakh authorities also canceled the celebrations in 2020 and 2021. At that time it was said that the decision was based on the Corona situation in the country. The then presidential spokesman Berik Uali emphasized last year that the celebrations for Victory Day had been postponed to 2022.

According to the press service, military-patriotic events with their own contingent in honor of veterans of the Great Patriotic War and the country’s armed forces are being prepared. In total, the Kazakh Ministry of Defense wants to organize around 50 different events in all regions of the republic.

In Russia, May 9 celebrations will go ahead “as usual” as it is a holy holiday for the country, according to Russian Presidential Spokesman Dmitry Peskov. The Russian Ministry of Defense will determine the lineup for the parade on Red Square, it said.

In Latvia, a law was recently approved banning public events on May 9 closer than 200 meters from a monument honoring the Soviet Army and its victories. Violations can result in fines of up to 400 euros for natural persons and up to 3,200 euros for legal entities.

More on the subject – Latvia bans events near Soviet monuments

By blocking RT, the EU aims to silence a critical, non-pro-Western source of information. And not only with regard to the Ukraine war. Access to our website has been made more difficult, several social media have blocked our accounts. It is now up to all of us whether journalism beyond mainstream narratives can continue to be pursued in Germany and the EU. If you like our articles, feel free to share them wherever you are active. This is possible because the EU has not banned our work or reading and sharing our articles.



Source link