Within the world of communication, technology is a key enabler. A consistent part of Vodafone success is based on the implementation and delivery of advanced and innovative services to its customers. Within Vodafone Group Technology, Fin Tech & Product Enablement has the responsibility to develop, deploy and operate strategic consumer services across the markets focusing on customer engagement, 3rd party integration for consumer services and identity solutions.
Vodafone ID is the central enabler across Vodafone markets and services for Identity and Access Management (incl. Know Your Customer functionality) and biometrics. The Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) platform is used cross channel (mobile apps, web and IVR) by Vodafone and 3rd party services. With a Decentralized Digital Identity platform based on Distributed Ledger Technology Vodafone ID also provides a self-sovereign identity to customers and an identity to things and devices.
The essence of the Solution Design Architect role is to shape the development and evolution of the CIAM service suite (including biometrics and KYC) and in particular in the design and architecture of the platform. The specific responsibility concentrates on the evolution and optimization of the existing platform as well as the integration of further markets and services, ensuring that all the relevant stakeholders are involved during the definition of the solution and supporting the delivery, quality assurance and operation teams.
The Solution Design Architect is part of the distributed agile DevOps team with specific responsibility to:
• Define solution architecture and implementation architecture
• Align requirements and design with impacted teams across Vodafone Group Technology
• Write the High-Level Design specification that is the input for the offshore development team
• Align requirements with impacted teams across Vodafone Group Technology and local markets
• Define the Architectural Runway for the service, which provides the necessary technical foundation for developing business initiatives and implementing new features and/or capabilities.
• Ensure non-functional requirement (security, privacy, resilience, continuity, etc) are factored into designs
• Review code of the developers
The Solution Design Architect will work closely with the Product Manager, Technical Product Owner and QA to make sure that the platform meets the needs of the business within the boundaries of the architectural roadmap and strategy.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Assess demand raised by Group Commercial, manage the feasibility and propose innovative ways to implement the marketing requirements
• Design of technical components and optimization in conjunction with third parties and in line with GT standards
• Technical expert contribution to the technology selection process and make or buy decisions in synchronization with technology standards.
• Accountable for the architecture runway of the services in line with the Group Commercial product roadmap
• Lead integration projects for existing and new markets and services including knowledge sharing and end to end integration design