Our diverse team is accountable for the design, development, deployment, and operations of a device and network analytics solution including a Big Data platform, a rich web frontend, and mobile smartphone-based client software. The solution is a key element of Vodafone’s customer care and network performance and optimization strategy and operated in about 20 markets across the Vodafone international footprint.
Please check the following article to read more about our team culture and the solution we are developing and operating:
Hundreds of analysts and engineers use the collected data to optimize Vodafone’s network and business processes based on network performance metrics crowd sourced from tens of millions of devices. The team supports the entire solution lifecycle and is in contact with stakeholders in Vodafone Group and local Vodafone markets and Vodafone partner markets.
The Developer Device Platforms is responsible for development of the device analytics applications, primarily on Android and iOS mobile platforms, as well as adapting these device based measurement solutions to customer and project specific requirements, specifically in the context of automated testing scenarios. The role owner will directly interface with customers and stakeholders from local / partner markets in such projects, work with them to understand their requirements, translate them into an architecture which can fulfil these requirements, and implement this architecture as well as setting up related tools / tool chains as necessary.
You will work with the other team members – architects and developers to support on the overall device analytics roadmap, architecture and implementation with the goal of delivering high quality, high performing and reliable solutions.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Testing the output of the development work and work along with mobile development team to fix defects; Report/Log Defects and chase resolution
• Contribute to the delivery of high quality end-to-end service / development output by supporting successful roll-out, configuration, integration and testing of the mobile device analytics applications
• Support and guide the development team in tasks that require work and expertise both in development and QA, such as many robustness/scalability/performance tasks
• Actively participate in process and tool improvements by and sharing best practices with other teams contributing to the overall effectiveness of the department
• Coordinate / handle interaction with device SDK integrators (eg MyVodafone teams), track delivery timelines and interact with relevant stakeholders